Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September TwentyTwo, Two Thousand + Ten

How on earth did it get to this date? I am a little shocked that it has been so long since I have managed to get on here.

A few things have happened since I came on here and updated you all.

Firstly, I have had a wonderful six weeks of completing my internship. I have been asked several times about my casual number and am extremely excited about being able to teach the class in November!

I had my meeting with my adviser and MT. I was told that I am far too hard on myself throughout my evaluation and explained that I wanted to continue to try and achieve great things whilst finishing my internship.

I am about to get my casual DET number and really enjoy discussing this with the AP and Principal. I enjoy that they are recognising me now as a teacher, not just as a student teacher on their internship. I feel that by showing my confidence in not only myself but within how I am teaching and talking with the students asserts this to them.

Tomorrow I need to take my program in for the AP to look over as seeing though I am teaching daily, it is probably better for her to view my own program. Which is exciting and worrying at the same time.

---

Today went very well. Again I am noticing that after my discussion with MT I am not raising my voice anymore and attempting to talk over the students. A lot of the students will just notice exactly what I am doing and listen. I feel that come November and having that experience just me with them, will open my eyes to new teaching strategies.

As we were in the IWB room for a session before lunch, it was great to get the children out of the classroom but for me as a teacher, I don't feel that there is enough time to go and sit and fiddle with the IWB and find new and exciting tools and games to do with the children. Instead you spend around 5-15 minutes searching and logging in for what you need. I feel that this would work best if there was a folder with interactive links already set up for teachers to come in and access would be beneficial time wise.

That's all I have time for today, I am off to make resources.

No comments:

 

2010 Carly Lloyd: Semester Two | Two Thousand + Ten | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs